Has your business dropped off the (Apple) Map?
Ever since Apple launched iOS6 there has been a buzz of discussion and backlash around its surprise new feature, Apple Maps, and the disappearance of the Google Maps app. But whether you like or loath Apple’s map offering, you can’t deny it has had a great impact on Google’s local search volume. Anyone who used to use the Google Maps app to look for businesses in their area is now tapping their query into Apple Maps, many without even realising the difference.
So if you want to be visible to potential customers searching on their iPhone for local businesses in your area, then make sure Apple has listed your business in Maps. If your business hasn’t been listed in Apple Maps you can remedy the situation by:
- Searching for your business name in the Apple Maps app
- Touching the page fold at the bottom right of the screen
- Select ‘Report a Problem’
- Select ‘Location is missing’ -> Next
- Position the pin to the correct location -> Next
- Enter your business name and details
- Select a category
- Send While much of the feedback from users has been bad (a personal gripe being Apple’s total disregard for the millions of public transport users in Australia who relied on the old Maps app for travel information and timetables) some useful features have been built into Apple Maps – namely the link to Yelp business reviews.
The power of this Yelp feature to direct customers to your business shouldn’t be overlooked. If your business’ Yelp profile is packed with positive reviews it could prove a great asset through the Maps interface. If someone is standing on a street in Perth and searching for a restaurant nearby, chances are they’ll walk in the direction of the one with the five-star Yelp review rating. So make sure your business is also listed on Yelp and ask your customers to write a review for you at every opportunity to help boost your local SEO preformance.
Share this Article
White Chalk Road are a specialist Search Marketing Agency based in Perth, with over 20 years’ experience in the industry. As a Google Premier Partner, WCR specialise in SEO, Search Marketing, Advertising & Marketing Automation. WCR help Perth businesses, across both B2B and B2C markets, who need help being found online by their customers.
Continue reading with these related posts: