In today’s world, authentic and compelling content that engages readers on topics they are interested in is vital. Informative content, like website blogs, is a cost-effective way to connect with your target audience, establish your business as a thought leader, and increase your Google rank. However, getting people to notice you online isn’t as easy as it sounds.
Looking for content writing courses?
Are you looking to improve your copywriting skills and get more traffic to your website?
We’ve put together a list of great courses in content writing to get you started.
Don’t have time to write content?
White Chalk Road have an experienced team of inhouse copywriters based in our Perth office. See our full range of content writing services today!
Ahrefs Blogging for Business is a free online course dedicated to writing content and SEO. It’s a great place to start and you’ll leave the course with a broad understanding of content marketing and how to use it effectively.
Key benefits of the course:
- A free course, including 10 tutorial videos
- Valuable information about SEO basics, including keyword research and Google rankings.
Surfer’s SEO Writing Masterclass is an online course packed full of insights from industry experts. Crafted for freelance writers, in-house content creators, and marketers who want to learn new skills. It covers every aspect of the SEO writing process, so you will learn to create valuable content that will be user-friendly and optimised for Google.
The course content includes 3 modules: Content strategy and keyword research; Four phases of SEO writing; and how to Increase wages for your content services.
The key benefits of the course are:
- Lifetime access to all resources for a one-time payment of $199.
- 28 videos you won’t find anywhere else
- 3 templates and sheets you can use for your work
Better yet, if you have an active Surfer subscription you can access the course for free! Check out Surfer Academy for more content writing tips, tricks, videos, and live sessions.
SEO Content Institute
Google’s algorithm is constantly changing, which means keeping up to date on the latest information is crucial to content writers – and your rankings. SEO Content Institute classes are created by Heather Lloyd-Martin, a 20-year industry veteran, and designed for working SEO copywriters and focus exclusively on SEO content.
There are two great course options:
- SEO Copywriting Certification Training
- B2B SEO Copywriting Certification Training
- Courses are continually updated, with great features including live calls, worksheets, videos, and guest trainers.
SEO Content Institute’s courses are priced at $995 USD.
LinkedIn Learning free content marketing courses
Lynda.com has now moved to LinkedIn Learning and offers free online courses for advanced content marketing. An accessible option covering a broad range of content marketing options, including improving your SEO content writing.
Key benefits are:
- Online video training modules
- 1-month free trial available; plus monthly/annual subscription options
Hubspot offers free training and a certification course in Content Marketing, to hone your content writing skills with modules on blog creation, topic clusters, and analysing content. In the course, you’ll learn how to produce effective content and achieve search engine results.
Benefits of the course:
- It’s FREE Certification Course
- Comprehensive with 12 lessons, 54 videos and 11 quizzes
Skillshare is an online learning community with a variety of content writing, blogging and digital marketing classes. For those who want to learn the basics of copywriting, a refresher on SEO or a masterclass there are courses for all skill levels.
We recommend the Content Writing for Blogs course. You’ll learn the basics, how to conduct SEO keyword research and the best ways to optimise your content for the reader, and the search engine.
Key benefits are:
- Huge range of courses to choose from, taught by industry experts and creative professionals
- Each class has short lessons, hands-on projects and additional resources
- Skillshare offers a free trial includes 7 days of unlimited classes
- Or sign up for Skillshare for Teams Plans starting from $159 USD per user, per year
Speak to a content writing expert
Do you want to take your content writing to the next level but don’t have the time?
White Chalk Road offers website copywriting, blog management and content marketing services. The benefit of having a specialist SEO company create content for you is that you can focus on running your business whilst we optimise your website.